HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
This training and assessment strategy is intended to inform trainers and assessors involved in the delivery of training and the collection of assessment evidence. It is also relevant to learners, employers or supervisors. The strategy provides a top‐down perspective of the course and the training and assessment to be applied. This is a working document and will change over time as the course is subjected to continuous improvement. The training and assessment strategy should be read in conjunction with supporting learning and assessment documentation.
HLTAID009Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Mode: Classroom Based
- Duration: Half day face‐to‐face learning and assessment
- Unit Structure: Single unit only
- Training Method: Trainer led, face‐to‐face in a classroom setting
- Assessment Method: Written knowledge assessment and practical observation
- Target Learner: The target learner for this course includes those who require cardiopulmonary resuscitation competency for work or leisure activities. It is usual that most learners will have been exposed to some CPR training in the past. For the purposes of this course, learners are not assumed to have any specific pre‐existing knowledge and skills in providing CPR.
What Is HLTAID009?The HLTAID009 and HLTAID001 training programs provide individuals with the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) under the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines. The HLTAID online course is suited for professionals and those keen to learn these skills for personal reasons. Suppose your community or workspace demands you to provide CPR as part of first aid requirements. In that case, the HLTAID009 course is perfect for acquiring the required theoretical knowledge and practical hands-on experience in a simulated environment. After completing the HLTAID009 online course, candidates will be able to assess and recognise the need for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Moreover, the HLTAID009 course will make individuals competent in accurately conveying the details of the incident to the relevant authorities while maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
HLTAID009 Course Details & AssessmentThe HLTAID009 course has an approximate duration of five hours and includes:
- One hour of course administration
- Two hours of supervised training
- Two hours of supervised assessment
- CPR-AED: unconscious, breathing adult & unconscious, non-breathing adult.
- CPR-AED: unconscious, non-breathing infant.
Why Invicta?At Invicta, our highly knowledgeable and skilled staff are experienced with the industry standards and always stay in touch with the latest developments. We design our courses keeping in mind the industry norms and requirements. We strive to deliver consistent, high quality services while upholding the standard we are known for. We provide personal assistance and strive to create competent individuals with the skills needed to excel in their field while being an asset in their community. We promote lifetime learning and provide the ideal experiences while prioritising ethical conduct and integrity.
Get In Touch With UsAt Invicta Technical College, we have been providing quality education and training since 2016. We offer concessions on group bookings and have weekend/weekday classes available at your convenience. Our mission is to provide each student with the skills and knowledge required to have a successful career in the industry. We offer a practical learning experience through hands-on practice and the latest cutting-edge technology. These skills are also beneficial in your personal lives as it could come in very useful in real life situations. You can connect with us by calling on 02 9226 2121. For more queries, email us at email@example.com